PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.
The Volunteer Application Packet is available using the link near the bottom of this page.
The Brief Therapy Conference
December 6-9, 2012
Pre-Conference Law & Ethics: December 5
Post-Conference Workshop: December 10
The Hilton Union Square – San Francisco
333 O’Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA USA
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Brief Therapy Conference 2012!
In exchange for registration fees, a limited number of spaces have been reserved for graduate students, interns and professionals showing financial need* to serve as Volunteers.
Volunteers will be assigned on a random basis to monitor meeting rooms, assist with registration, and assist faculty and staff. You will be scheduled to work approximately four to five hours per day. Please see brochure for any evening events, as you may be scheduled to volunteer during that time.
• You should be able to attend the full Conference – from Tuesday, December 4th at 6PM (for the mandatory Volunteers’ meeting) to Sunday, December 9th at 5PM. If you are not planning to attend the Pre-Conference workshop, you will be scheduled a few hours in the AM/PM to assist with registration, as the Registration Desk will remain open the full day of the Pre-Conference.
• You will not be able to choose the workshops for which you are assigned; however, when not assigned you may attend any sessions you prefer.
• Remember: You will be able to receive a Certificate of Attendance stating your hours for all sessions worked, as well!
• Volunteers should be able to understand and communicate in English.
• All other expenses related to the Conference including hotel accommodation, transportation, parking, meals, etc. are the responsibility of the volunteer. (Please see the Roommate Form in the application packet to help save on accommodations during the Conference.)
* Professionals with financial limitations who are interested in volunteering should contact Karen Haviley at email@example.com Please send an email briefly explaining your need to attend as a Volunteer to waive registration fees.
MANDATORY VOLUNTEERS MEETING
The MANDATORY Volunteers meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at approximately 6PM.
Please be sure to arrive at the hotel before 6PM to attend this meeting. You will be notified in advance of the Conference if there are any time changes for this meeting.
ALL VOLUNTEERS: You will need to be available for the entire length of the Conferences. Scheduling is done just prior to the Conferences, and we need to be sure that you will be available for any session that you will be assigned. Please plan on being at the Conferences from the evening of Tuesday, December 4 at 6PM until Sunday, December 9 at 5PM. *If you are attending the Pre-/Post-Conferences Workshops, you may be scheduled to assist the presenters or staff on these days.
If you cannot meet ALL the requirements stated above, please contact CMI Education before submitting your Volunteer Application forms. Tel: 800-844-8260 or email Karen Haviley firstname.lastname@example.org
GETTING SIGNED UP!
Those students/interns who are able to complete the above requirements should submit the following:
1. Completed Registration Form
2. Completed and signed Volunteer Agreement Form
3. Letter from your department/supervisor on letterhead confirming student/intern status as of December 2012; or for professionals with financial need – include an email approval letter from Karen Haviley (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. A $50 deposit (check, credit card, money order) of which $25 will be refunded after successful completion of volunteer duties. The purpose of the deposit is to ensure attendance and to avoid last-minute cancellations. Refunds will be sent within 6-8 weeks post-Conference. Please make checks/money orders payable to: CMI Education.
The required paperwork listed above and $50 deposit must be received by November 15, 2012.
The applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Those not sending all of the above information at the same time (i.e., sending the registration form and deposit, but not the agreement form or student letter), will not be guaranteed a volunteer space. Therefore, please be sure to send all paperwork at the same time to reserve your volunteer position.
The Volunteer Cancellation deadline is November 20, 2012.
A $25 administrative charge will be made for cancellations received in writing and postmarked or faxed by November 20, 2012. No refunds of your deposit will be given for cancellations after the November 20, 2012 deadline.
SHARE A ROOM – SAVE EVEN MORE!
If you are interested in having a roommate for the Conferences to help reduce expenses even more, please complete and return the Roommate Form (included in the Volunteer Application Packet). This is a great way to conserve costs to attend the Conference. Please follow the instructions on the Roommate Form to participate.
You can make hotel reservations directly from the Conference web site:
http://brieftherapyconference.com/ Click on ‘Hotel’
Note: Volunteers are not required to stay at the Conference hotel. However, you are required to check in each day before your scheduled assignment and we ask that you please arrive on time for your check-in time and assignment.
All Conference registrations, Volunteer registrations, and Volunteer scheduling are processed by our registration company, CMI Education. Please mail/fax all your application materials directly to CMI Education, NOT the Foundation. They will process your application, send a confirmation of your volunteer reservation, and contact you if they have any questions or need further information.
If you have any questions concerning your volunteer registration, status, cancellation, or scheduling conflicts please contact:
CMI Education Institute, Inc.
c/o Brief Therapy Conference
PO Box 1000
Eau Claire, WI 54702
Tel: 800-844-8260 / Tel: 715-855-8118 / Fax: 800-554-9775
(If sending E-mail, be sure to write ‘Volunteer – Brief Therapy’ in the Subject Line.)
We thank you for your interest in volunteering and hope to see you in December!